Sunday, April 5

Farewell Fast Food

I know I've said it before, but this time I mean it. Lately I've been so depressed about the weight I've put on since having Josslyn. I realize now why I keep gaining. I eat fast food entirely too much. Last night the husband and I researched all our favorite menu items from places like McDonalds, Subway, and Taco Bell. In some cases I was consuming my daily recommended calorie intake, in just 1 sitting. I love the meatball sub from Subway, and that alone was 1100 calories. That was NOT including the cheese I have put on it or the cookie I eat after, LOL. Amazingly the least amount came from Taco Bell. I normally get 1 steak Gordita with pintos and cheese. That was about 500 calories total for the two. I am sick of growing, LOL. I'm almost 30. I should have stopped growing years ago. So starting today I'm eating better. I'm going to fight my lazy addiction and stop going to all these bad-for-me places. Aside from the calories it's just not good for me. I am getting older by the second and I have an unhealthy fear of dying young. It's about time I did something about it. I wonder what my cholesterol is, LOL? It's probably NOT pretty. I rarely ever drink water. I hate water. I drink diet soda like it's going out of style. Hey, I need something to keep me awake all day. I'm so not a coffee drinker. So wish me luck on my no fast food adventure.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck!! I'm there with you, I haven't been losing as much as I would like since having Noah, there's still a bunch of "baby weight" hanging on to me! After reading your post, it makes me think of all the fast food we eat...

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

I totally have to do this with you! I dont eat alot of junk... salads almost everyday for lunch and I love to cook but we get so busy that atleast 2x a week we eat out and I always end up having subs or pizza or chinese... and I have to keep getting up early to work out in the mornings. I cant work out at night or I cant sleep! So I am with ya! Will check back in to see how you are doing!!

Tena said...

dude, did I just write this post!?
I eat out way too much, and I always say I wish I could have an IV put in of diet coke!
I will join you on your no fast food kick. we should plan something out. I refuse to give up my diet coke, but I can give up the fast food. We can hold each other accountable!

Golfersmom said...

Thanks for the follow. I enjoyed reading your blog. I need to give up fast food as well.

Courtney said...

good luck on giving up fast food, it will make a huge difference. one thing I cut out of was not buying anything with high fructose corn syrup, that helped too! great luck to you1!

Brett Alexandra said...

Came across your blog on 20 something bloggers! I'm trying to further my photography in the next year or so...(we'll see haha). I just love photography though and I love meeting other photographers on here! Great blog:)

Miss Mandee said...

I so should do this as well! I need to stop gaining and start losing.

Mom Time said...

I totally support your efforts to transition you and your family to a healthier lifestyle. It's hard but its totally worth it. This is coming from a person who converted her family's lifestyle to not only healthy but organic and green as well - years ago. You're not only doing yourself a favor, but your teaching your kids to respect their body by living a healthy lifestyle. After all, we only get to have 1 body in our lifetime. It's not something that can be replaced when it's worn out, lol!

This is Cherrie of Imahotmom.com following you from MBC follow me club.

Veronica Lee said...

Good Luck saying no to fast food! I'm also guilty of that!

tara said...

Oh jeez, you just reminded me that I need to stop eating fast food.

Maryjean said...

good luck!!! I just told DH lastnight as soon as I have this baby I am working my butt off to get back into my regular clothes.. I will have had 3 babies in 4 years, I am in desperate need of weight loss. We do way too much fast food too, between running froms sports practice to games, b day parties on the weekends it is just easier sometimes. You can do it, I have faith!! KUP on your progress :)