Friday, September 12

Florida Life


Well it's been 2 weeks since we began our lives in sunny Florida, and I know you are all wondering how it's going. Well...it's going, GREAT! I am really loving our new home. We are going to the pool almost daily as a family. The kids are so happy to have so much "daddy time" with Rich.


Justyn has been doing wonderful in school. I was stressing the who taking him to school, dropping him off, thing, but he's doing so well with that also. It's almost like he doesn't need me as much as I thought he would have, ha. Aren't boys always supposed to need their mamas?

We did his first homework assignment last night. It was so much fun for me to help him. He had to go through a magazine and find pictures of things that started with the same letter that his name started with. So we found; Jello, Jar, Jacket, and Juice.

Rich read him two books also as part of his homework. Then they had to identify the front cover, back cover, title, and title page. He is just such a smart well adjusted little man. I can't wait for the rest of the school year!


Jacob has been doing well here also. He is definitely into his terrible twos stage. That said, he is one of the funniest kids I've ever known. He always makes me laugh and he knows just how to do it. He's still such a good baby, sleeping wonderful in the new bedroom. Which took daddy and mommy 2 days to paint, LOL. I think it turned out so well considering it was my first time painting a room. I can't believe he will be 2 soon. Makes me sad that he is growing up so quickly. He finally outgrew his shoes he's been wearing since he was like 9-10 months old. He's starting to dress more big boy and do more big boy things. Like refusing to sit in his high chair. After not having one in Alabama while we were visiting my in laws I guess he got used to it because when we moved here he just would not sit in it. Waaaah stop growing!!!


Josslyn has been just a happy 2.5 month old. She's already laughing and smiling constantly. She's growing like a weed. Already in 3-6, 6m clothing. She's not even 3 months yet! She's beefy what can I say. (Soon I'm sure she will stop gaining, sending the DRs into a frenzy as to why. Um, hello, have you seen me and my hubby. We are not large people. We really don't expect to have huge kids.) She is also looooooooooving her 2 brothers. Justyn just loves to make her laugh. She is also dealing with reflux. She is constantly throwing up, and a lot. We are finally getting her meds for it. I feel so bad for her. Still through all the barfing she manages to keep on gaining and smiling. We are also going to be upgrading her to a convertable carseat. She is not loving her infant seat. None of my kids liked them.


Rich and I are doing well. Just celebrated our 6 year anniversary of being married in August. We are really enjoying our new life down here in Florida. I miss my friends in Maryland but I am so glad to be down here and being a home owner. I feel I have been so blessed!



2 comments:

LdybugSammi said...

I'm glad you guys are adjusting so well!! We need to get our monsters, I mean wonderful children, together one day :)

Gena said...

I am glad to hear everything is going so well! I am just so happy for you guys! The kids seem so happy and you seem to be so happy!