Wednesday, October 8

Dinosaur Eggs Are The Devil!

When we were in Alabama Miss Karen brought over some of these amazing little "cookies" she calls Dinosaur Eggs. They were an instant hit with my family so naturally I had to get the recipe. The first time I made them was not good. I didn't realize that egg yolk is the kryptonite to these little things. So yesterday I tried them again. They were soooo good. So today I made them again (they are that easy) and took pictures so that I could pass the recipe on. These are too good to keep a secret! So here we go...

Dinosaur Eggs

The DNA of your Dino eggs.


  • 2 eggs (WHITES ONLY)
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2/3 cup of white sugar
  • 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • Nut of your choice (optional)
  • Mixing bowl (Glass or metal)
  • Cookie Sheet
  • Foil
  • Mixer
  • Scooping spoon
  • Preheated oven - 275



(Egg whites and pinch of salt.)


It is VERY important that you only get egg whites in your bowl.
If the yolk breaks it does not matter how quickly you get the yolk out of that bowl.
You might as well throw them away and start over.
Trust me on this my friend.
Any amount big or small just start over!






(Beat your eggs white and salt on high until it forms soft peaks.)



(This would be a soft peak.)


Now add in your vanilla and your sugar slowly, while
mixing it at the same time.
I normally add in the sugar 1/3 at a time.











Continue mixing on high until hard peaks form.


(This would be your hard peaks.)

Now add your cup of chocolate chips and fold slowly.
Just fold enough to mix them. Don't over mix.











This is what you should end up with.

Using a teaspoon drop them on a foil covered cookie
sheet fairly close together. Top with nut(s) if you so choose.
I only use nuts on half so my 1.5 year old can eat them too!

Bake them for 30 minutes at 275 degrees.

Now enjoy your dinosaur eggs! I know I did!

1 comments:

LdybugSammi said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH NO!!! Must. Not. Make. Them!!! Are you trying to sabotage me???? LOL