Monday, November 17

COD Blog Party - #4 MMM FOOD!


YAY It's Monday, that means day 4 of Christmas Of Dreams Blog Party! Today's question is all about food, HOLLA! One of my favorite subjects if you couldn't tell by the lard in my arse!

Sponsors: Day Four Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Bottlewise and Glow Mama

VIP BLOGS to visit are Parent Reviewers , Mom Most Traveled, Mommy Zabs, MomStart, HipposToes, Run DMT


What is your favorite holiday recipe? Describe your holiday table.
What is your biggest Holiday cooking disaster?


Picking just 1 thing that I love during the holidays is TOUGH. I adore it all. I've never cooked during the holidays I don't think. We are always going to other people's houses. Less mess for me, lol j/k! I think marshmallow candied yams are what I'm going to go with. I could seriously eat the whole thing. I loooove the marshmallows to be extra done on the top, LOL.

(borrowed picture)
Seriously, I'm salivating people! It doesn't even taste like a dinner side. More like a dessert! Now I want some.

Since we've never had dinner here during the holidays I don't have any special set up. This Christmas will be my first time cooking a big holiday meal. I will probably go with some silver, gold, and reds with a little off white. I'm excited to decorate a table, though it will be just my family & my dad.

I've yet to have a disaster in the kitchen while cooking period. I hope this remains true as I try to cook a holiday meal this year, LOL. SCARY!




22 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck cooking this year. I am like you. No problems so far. But, I know I just jinked myself!

CompleteLee Blogger said...

Yams are yummy. We make a kind with maple syrup and cinnamon that my 13 year old and I think is completely wonderful.

Have a great day!

MMJ said...

Last year was my first year preparing Christmas lunch. It went pretty good. I hope yours turns out great! Good luck!

Staci A said...

Mmm, it does look pretty good!

I hope your first holiday of cooking goes well!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Yams and marshmellows is one of my favorite too. All these posts are going to make me hungry!

Anonymous said...

My husband would do just about anything for sweet potato casserole. Here's My Day 4!

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

my husband would love that, i on the other hand hate yams.

Allison said...

I am a sucker for yams as well!! My tummy is rumbling just thinking about all the yummy holiday food!!

Erin Tales said...

Thats my husbands favorite food! I use a similar recipe.

~Michelle~ said...

Yummy, I LOVE candied yams! How could you not???! good luck with cooking -- I know you'll do great!

Melissa said...

Oh how I love sweet potatoes. We do a casserole with pecans on top.. YUM!

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

OK, we make sweet potatoes. What is the difference between them and yams? Your picture looks delish!

Cathy said...

That picture looks good enough to eat! Good luck hosting Christmas - I'm sure you will do great!

Karen Coutu said...

Yum! Lots of marshmallows. My kiddos would love that!!

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

Natalie said...

I am in the same boat as you. This is my first year to do the cooking.

Nanny A said...

I too love the yummy goodness of those golden browned marshmellows on top!

Tena said...

you and my hubby can be twins when it comes to your favorite thing to eat at the holidays!

Unknown said...

my mil made these the other night... i was in heaven!

Unknown said...

my mil made these the other night... i was in heaven!

Unknown said...

my mil made these the other night... i was in heaven!

Momstart said...

That looks so good. mmmmmmm. I'm thinking about making dinner now

Sarah said...

I would love ot decorate but I always run out of room for all the food. I guess I need a bigger table!