Friday, November 21

You Wanna Put What, Where?

My mom died of colon & lung cancer almost 2 years ago. She was Dx at 36 with colon cancer which then, over time, spread to her lungs. So it is necessary for me to get a colonoscopy 10 years earlier than her age when she was Dx. Which would be the age of 26. I'm almost 28, LOL. I know it's no laughing matter but I can't get passed the whole process of it. First I have to drink this nasty stuff that will essentially make me crap my brains out. For a whole 24 hours! THEN, I have to go in, have my insides pumped with gas. Like I really need help in that department. They will stick a long tube with a camera and a light up my rear and snoop around. Um, no thanks! As I've told my husband time and time again...that is the exit hole ONLY! DH keeps insisting I go. I know he means well and I know I need to do it. But whyyyyyyyyyyy! Can't they do a scan or something. Must it be so invassive? Talk about getting all up in my business! Right now I'm nursing so I have a good excuse not to do it. I may nurse forever if that's the case, LMAO!

6 comments:

kel said...

well, I wish I could tell you to go.. but I would be a total hyporcrite if I did.. because I have a massive doctor phobia and I know I would be avoiding it as well! Good luck... and i think i heard about a scan they can do now??

Tena said...

I am going to be on your Dh's side!! You go the minute you are down nursing!!!!

{{{{ hugs }}}

Sarah said...

Listen, nobody is threatening to stick anything anywhere and I still won't go to the doctor unless Beloved shoves me out the door. I don't think any of us are goign to fault you for hesitating, but we really need you to go so that we can continue to have a little Chaos in our lives! Thanks!

Jenni said...

I have my first mammogram scheduled and I am NOT looking forward to it...

cancer sucks.

Angela said...

yikes... i avoid doctors if possible but you must do what you need to do for longevity and health.

Gena said...

Ok so I looked it up. Have you considered a virtual colonoscopy? They use a machine like a CT machine and take pictures of your colon. If you have polyps then they will do a regular colonoscopy. You should TOTALLY find out where this is! Fly to another place if you have to!