Tuesday, November 18

COD Blog Party - #5 Spirit

This is the season for giving. Giving thanks. Giving love. Giving gifts. It's also the season for receiving. Although I could do without receiving those insanely high credit card bills in January that is for sure! Today is day 5 of the Christmas of Dreams Blog Party. Which means more giving and receiving bloggy good comments :-D


Today we are asked to blog about what you do to give back during the holidays. Do you volunteer your time? If so, please tell us where. What do you do to teach your children the true meaning of the holidays?

Sponsors: Day Five Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Baby Pop and Chic Covers

VIP BLOGS to visit are Parent Reviewers , Mom Most Traveled,

Mommy Zabs, MomStart, HipposToes, Run DMT



We donate a lot year round. Mostly toys and clothes. I would love to donate more to charities other than Toys For Toys but I'm not sure what charities are legit and which are scams. I want to donate to a good cause, not someones bank account.

I have never really volunteered my time anywhere. I think that would be so much fun to do though. I'm at a loss on where to go to do it.

I lost my faith in a lot of things when we lost Gracie. It has been very difficult for me, as well as my husband, to believe and have faith in "God" when we lost our child, a child we so badly wanted. I have to admit my faith is slowly coming back but for now we are unsure. I know this may turn some of you away. For me believing again has to come on my own terms. So as far as Christmastime goes we don't stress religion too much. We do try to instill the value of family, and giving, to our children. That Christmas isn't all about getting toys. Our oldest is only 5.5 so I don't expect too much right now.

The size of this blog post tells me I need to give more of my time to people in need!!!

11 comments:

Tena said...

{{{ AMANDA }}}}
Hang in there mama, take one day at a time!!

Melissa said...

You have NOT turned me away! I can't imagine how you must feel. I'm comforted to know that you are gaining some faith. Your photos (on your blog header) show a very happy family despite your heavy heart...
HUGS

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

I hope you find the perfect way to give your time. It sounds like you have a soft, generous heart!

Natalie said...

It is easy to lose your faith in God when bad things happen. But it does not turn me away. Honestly it makes me want to give you a hug! I have been questioning my faith for a while now, but it does not make me any less of a person.

And if you want to volunteer....try nursing homes.

My mother is a PTA and has worked in nursing homes off and on over the years. This is somewhere you can volunteer year round. Some of the residents do not have anyone to come spend time with them, and it can make their week just to have you come by and spend 10 minutes with them.

Kelli said...

I can totally relate to your feelings about "God" after a loss of a child. My husband and I lost a baby at 16 weeks and it was the most awful experience. I don't know what happened in your case but I'm sure it was very devastating to say the very very least. We just had to keep telling each other that everything happens for a reason. We may not know what that reason is right now but things were meant to be. The holidays are always a hard time for us because our baby was due just after the holidays so it's an emotional time. We just try to do our best and live our lives in a way to honor our little one's memory.

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Volunteermatch dot org is a great resource to find places to donate your time. Check it out. I can understand how losing Gracie would contribute to losing your faith. Take all the time you need to find your way back. I just hope that you eventually find it.

Unknown said...

i'm glad it's coming back. i'm so sorry for your loss.

Staci A said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm sure that what you wrote won't turn people away, we are all much more understanding than that!

It amazing that ya'll donate year round, I'm sure it makes a huge difference.

Barely Domestic Mama said...

This is the first time I have read your blog and I am not turned away in the least bit. I think it is perfectly understandable the feelings you are going through. I am glad to see that you are allowing faith to come back on your own terms.

Sarah said...

Faith is a tender thing. It takes a lot to hang onto but to squeeze it too tight makes it disappear. Keep looking for yours and it will come.

Momstart said...

I need to give time too. I can't imagine what you and your husband went through.